So you have just bought your new webcam (Hopefully a logitech webcam!) and you are wanting to test it. We have looked at various ways to test out your webcam, but we think nothing can beat simplicity therefore we will be showing you ways to check your webcam without having to install third party software or video call someone.. Here we will look at, in our eyes, the best way to test your webcam.
We discovered a handy trick in Windows 10 that allows you to do a webcam test without ever having to install anything. If you have Windows 7 or 8 but don’t have Windows 10 yet, you really should upgrade as they won’t be supported going forward, have a read here: Why you should upgrade to Windows 10. If you use a Mac, we will also go through a neat way to get it working too!
Windows 10 Webcam Test
- Start by clicking the windows start menu on the bottom left of the screen.
2. Type in “camera”. As you type, it should open a search window with your word at the bottom.
3. Click the Camera app as seen in the image above. It will open up the microsoft Camera app that will let you start your webcam and check the quality!
Super easy right? You’d be surprised how many people try find someone to call on skype just to do a simple quality check!
Mac OS Webcam Test
- In your finder, click the “Go” menu.
2. In the dropdown menu that appears, find applications and click it.
3. Now look for the app “Photobooth”. It will have an icon like the one pictured below.
And that’s all! Again, super easy and involved no extra software or third party plugins.
We Hope That Helped!
We hope this has made it simple and easy to check the quality on your webcam. Finally we will be posting more tips and tricks soon so keep your eyes peeled!